information in your note!
60% of the scenery spots of the Bagua Mountain range are inside the Changhua County boundary while the rest 40% are within the Nantou County. The whole area has more than ten cities and towns, namely Changhua, Huatan, Tacun, Fenyuen, Yuanlin, Shetao, Tianzhong, Ershui, Nantou, Mingjian, etc. Bagua Mountain situates on a plateau about 1 kilometer from the eastern side of Changhua (the only plateau land in the Changhua County). Hence the mountain is also called Bagua Plateau. The whole plateau is tilting from north to south and from the mountain top one can see the streets of the whole Changhua City as well as fishing boats in the distant sea. This unique feature of enable one to have full view of its surroundings had made Bagua Mountain a very important military guarding point in ancient time. In the 20th years of Emperor Kuang Shu's rule (year 1894), the Sino-Japanese War broke out and as a compensation for the lost of the war, the Treaty of Ma Kwan was signed whereby Taiwan was given by the Qing Government to Japan. Taiwan people did not accept such outcome and they organized their own army to fight the Japanese. The Japanese army landed from the north-eastern corner of Taiwan at Yen Cheng and marched southwards. They were sternly resisted by the local patriots and out of all the battles; the one in Bagua Mountain was of the largest scale. Later the Japanese demolished the guard point and after the Second World War, the whole place was replaced with the Bagua Mountain Giant Buddha. Nowadays, in the Memorial Park there is Memorial Hall built in memory of those who died in the battles against Japanese invasion. Also, the two cannons which were used in the battle are in exhibition there.
Its total area is approximately 22,000 hectares, including the Bagua Mountain Park, the Chiang Kai Sek Park, the Jiulong Pond, the Giant Buddha of Changhua, the Fushan Rock, the Baozang Temple, the Bi Mountain (Bishan) Rock and the Qingshui Rock, etc. which are full of cultural heritage. Amongst the above scenery spots, the historical Bagua Mountain Giant Buddha is the most well known one. The statue measures 72 feet in height from its lotus seat to the top and the whole body is built of steel bars and cement. In front of the statue stand two lion sculptures. Its base occupies a total area of 7 hectares and inside there are altogether 6 separate levels. The lowest level is a small worship hall. The second to the fifth levels are for the exhibits of Buddha's work during his life time. Under the steps platform in the front is the Jiulong Pond; the right is an aquarium and at the back is a piece of woodland. The whole place gives one a sense of quietness and tranquility.
（Traffic information is subject to change. Please check with the
transportation station before departure.）
Nat'l Hwy 3 → Exit at the Mingjian Interchange → Prov. Hwy 3 → County Hwy 139B
TRA Changhua Station → Changhua Bus to Nantou → Changhua Bus (bound for Chishui) to Songboling stop