Jump to main content

Yuwongdao Lighthouse

Read the following for how to use your keyboard to browse the album:
  • Up: Show photo menu
  • Down: Hide photo menu
  • Left: Last photo
  • Right: Next photo
  • ESC: Leave album

Yuwongdao Lighthouse, also known as Xiyu Lighthouse, is located in Wai’an Village on Xiyu Island. Built in 1778, it was the first lighthouse in the Taiwan area and is today listed as a historic site. Wai’an Village was long a prominent landmark for ships sailing between Taiwan and Xiamen on the coast of mainland China. With the nearby seas being typically rough and treacherous, the lighthouse has served as a guardian angel for seafarers for more than two centuries.

Travel Information

(Traffic information is subject to change. Please check with the transportation station before departure.)
TEL:
+886-6-998-1766
Address:
Wai-an Village, Xiyu Township, Penghu County
Longitude/Latitude:
119.46855/23.56257
Web:
Yuwongdao Lighthouse Links
Transportation:

Magong City → County Hwy 203 → Turn left at Dongwei → Baisha Township → Penghu Great Bridge → Waian → Country road 6 → Yuwengdao Lighthouse.

Public:

1.Take plane to Magong Airport, transfer to Magong Shuttle Bus North Ring Line, get off at Yuwongdao Lighthouse stop.

2.Take Blun Line-wài an Line at Makung Terminus, get off at wài an station.

Accessible Transportation:

Public︰

Take Magong Shuttle Bus North Ring Line(Low), get off at Yuwongdao Lighthouse stop.Please see bus schedule on Taiwan Tourist Shuttle Bus Web.

Open Hours:

Summer Time(Apr.~Oct.) 09:00~17:00
Winter Time(Nov.~Mar.) 09:00~17:00
Closed Time:Every Mondays (For Interior Cleaning)