Jump to main content

Dongquan Lighthouse

Read the following for how to use your keyboard to browse the album:
  • Up: Show photo menu
  • Down: Hide photo menu
  • Left: Last photo
  • Right: Next photo
  • ESC: Leave album

The Qing Empire allowed access to coastal ports for commercial uses for the British Empire after it lost the Opium War, signing the Treaty of Nanking. To identify the position of Fuzhou, a lighthouse was then built as requested by British people. That was Dongquan Lighthouse completed in the 11th year of Tongzhi (1872). In 1988, it was listed as a grade-2 historic site of the Taiwan and Minan Regions by the Ministry of the Interior, Taiwan. At 19.5 meters tall, it is Taiwan’s oldest granite lighthouse. Its light can go as far as 16.7 miles (roughly 31km) after being refracted by shell-shaped crystal lenses.

 

 

Travel Information

(Traffic information is subject to change. Please check with the transportation station before departure.)
TEL:
+886-836-88283
Address:
Dongquan Lighthouse, Juguang Township, Lienchiang County
Longitude/Latitude:
119.990573/25.963987
Web:
Dongquan Lighthouse Links
Public:

Take plane to Matsu Nangan Airport
Transportation Info